Friday, February 1, 2013

Her Funny Definition of Love


Watch the singer try to sing
Her song can't come out
With her mute voice aching
Screaming for release
But I won't release you
Oh no my dear I won't
No matter how you beg and plead
And you don't honestly expect
Those old honest crocodile tears
To actually even have an affect
Watch her perform again
Tonight just as the first
Every night just as the first
Scared out of her mind
And she wants to whimper
And she wants to scream
With her mute throat bleeding
Aching for release
But I won't release you
Oh no my dear I won't
No matter how many tears of blood
Fall on my garden tonight
You can make yourself as fat
Or as unattractive as you want
Go right ahead but just know
I will never give into your will
And I will never let you go
And the release you crave
Will always be just out of your reach
Watch the prisoner try to walk
As if her ankles weren't locked in fetters
As if the chains aren't cutting into her arms
As if she didn't have the iron collar round her throat
Go ahead and ask her who did this to her
Her larynx is gone and her will with it
And I will never ever ever ever be convinced
To give it back to her
So Sing my dear and I will be your angel of music
Sing my dear and I will be your sea witch
Sing my lovely little mute
And tell everyone of what you know
And what I did
And who I really am
Go ahead and show them how you can sing
My lovely little Lavinia
Because deep down you know
You fear that you might even think
That I wasn't the one who took your voice
I wasn't the one who set your chains
And you fear you know exactly Who is to blame
And you can't face that fact because of the fear
Because it means that no one is watching
No one is watching your show
No one is guarding your prison
No one is listening, no one at all
Except me, and that is worst of all
What a funny definition of love we have
What a funny definition of speaking we have


No comments:

Post a Comment