Saturday, July 26, 2008

You are good, all the time. And all the time...

Today I found some old Lakewood church music. All I can say is "awesome!" I can't believe how good these songs were/are. Right now I'm listening to "You Are Good" and it's so simple and yet it seems the simple truths are the hardest to comprehend.

Chorus:
"We worship You,
Halleluja! Halleluja!
We worship You,
For who You are!"

Bridge:

"You are good, all the time.
And all the time, You are good."


Stop!

Stop what your doing. Stop what your thinking, listening to, who your talking with, what ever it is that might draw your attention elsewhere.

Now. Say this out loud:

"God is good, all the time. And all the time, God is good."

Think about what that means.

"God is good." In our world, when things go wrong, people do stupid things, we do stupd things, life seems stupid and the world/culture/country seems full of evil its nice to be able to say, and mean it, and know it's true. God is good.

"All the time!" So you've probably skipped ahead to this part already and figured out that it's not only amazing that God is good, but that he stays good forever. The other great thing about this simple truth is that He doesn't change.

If He is good. If He in His goodness wants to pour out blessings on my lfe, or keep them from me because He knows I'm better off without them. If He loves me with his loving kindness and has nothing but my best in mind. If nothing can touch me but by Him allowing it. If nothing can come against me that He won't give me victory over. If He will always love me. If He will always forgive me. If He is good, then nothing else matters anymore, as long as I keep my eyes on Him.

Because, not only is my Father/Councilor/Friend/Comforter/Healer/Lover-God good, but He is good ALL THE TIME.

1 comment:

  1. holla!!! preach it :).

    love that song.

    gotta love listening to retro worship. occasionally. but it really is good stuff!!! (even if i do laugh at it along the way... you know what i mean...)

    ReplyDelete