Thursday, May 21, 2009

Apologies for my Friend

“Pardon me if I have repeated myself
Pardon me but I do repeat
Pardon me if my mind moves not on
Of stone is made my feet

Excuse me if I still remain the same
Excuse me if I do not change
Excuse me but I seem to be stuck
Gone numb in all of my brains

Forgive me if my heart stays here
Forgive me if it stops its beat
Forgive my stagnant life
Of stone is made my feet

And sorry if I repeat myself
But I have nowhere to go
Sorry I didn’t want to be like this
Sorry, I just can’t let go”

This he said to me
And he had said it all before
So I ask apologies for him
He deserves so much more

2 comments:

  1. Jean..this is by far one of my favorite poem that you wrote! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's really funny is that I wrote this for one of my friends... he's just a super guy and has had to go thru a lot... and then afterward reflecting on it, I realised how it actually applies not just to him, but to so many of my friend, who for some reason or another, have come to a place where they can no longer just move on... this is dedicated then to everyone. I think we all have areas like that in our lives. :)

    ReplyDelete