Thursday, September 4, 2008

Joy

The giggle of a small child.
The smell of home made food
Nature free, unbound, and wild
A warm hug to change the mood

There are many things in this world
And makes my soul to overflow
With great joy, loose and unfurled
Which bring me the warm glow

Laughter in the playful tease
The song of warm sunshine
A new friend made with great ease
The sweet smell of the color nine

There are many things in my life
That make my heart beat free
Whose sweet taste aids me in strife
And that seem to fulfill me

The stars in the sky, God be praised
Holding hands in prayer as one
At the salvation call, a hand raised
And beholding the face of the Son.

Remember:
Joy is Jesus, Others, You.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful.

    smelling the color nine is one of my favorite pastimes.

    and it is the source of my greatest joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There are many things in my life
    That make my heart beat free
    Whose sweet taste aids me in strife
    And that seem to fulfill me"

    I love it!

    ~P~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and uplifting poem! Just reading it gives me joy!

    The reminds me of the song "My favorite things!" It seems that whenever we take time to focus on the beautiful things in life, all else fades away and we are left with pure and simple joy!

    ReplyDelete