Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dear Jacob...

Here's two more of the letters...

April 10, 1834

My Dear Emily,

Since you have requested to be informed of the happenings and dealings of William let me relay them to you in full. I wanr you though, it is a truly gruesome tale and I would advise you to instead read only the final paragraph of my letter and spare yourself the innumerable heartaches that will surely arise from it.

William arrived in Stockholm a forthnight before us. He stayed at the Redderic Lodge and from there began to introduce himself into the social circles of the rich and decantant lives of the nobles here in Stockholm. You know that a man of William’s appearance and baring could not be overlooked for long and soon he had all the ladies of the court admiring him and all the men of the court counted him in good company. All of this he did as to gain access to the inner sanctums of the rich, for he could feel the Stone’s presence here in the city.

But alas, not four night before our arrival to assist him in his search, he was strolling out in the gardens of the Duke’s Riviera when he and the two ladies with him were assaulted by Walkers. And these were not your average Walkers either. Each one was as tall as a man and a half and carried with them blades that dripped with blood, and were covered in large black cowls.

Having no other option he defended himself in the only way he knew how. As you can understand this meant the use of that which we have all sworn to forsake until the stone has been located. The Walkers were finally defeated but by that time, the two young women were so fearfull at having witnessed William’s power and the Walkers of the Night that they were screaming of monsters.

Many men came with hounds and torches and began scouring the riverside for ‘the beast’ as they called poor William who had fled into the undergrowth. You recall that it does take some time for us to return to our normal state. Unfortunately William did not have enough time and soon the hounds were upon him. He was so weakened by the Walkers’ attack that he could not defend himself and was torn and bitten many times before he reached a derelict church.

He fled inside, bolted the door, with the hounds still barking and menacing the outside of the small chapel. Within he crept up to the rafters and there he lay upon a support beam of the roof. The men came. The door was broken down. William who had not yet taken his regular form tried in vain to hide within the upper darkness. They spotted him.

They pelted him with stones until he fell down. He was taken, beaten, and imprisoned with wild animals in a small building on the south side of the warfs. Within his cell he did not get any sunlight and felt himself begin to die. So with his own blood from his many wounds he wrote his tale upon the walls of the cell. Of course he wrote in our tongue and the other people could not comprehend its meaning. However he left no clue to where he would go, and we fear if he did escape he may have been too weak and have fallen to Walkers.

I am sorry to have to inform you of our dear cousin’s fate. However there is still a small hope. Also, Mr. White and I both have felt last night the stone’s presence closer than ever before, save the day we all made the vow. Oh if Mr. White still had his power of old and we could go back to that day to stop ourselves from ever proceeding in her confidence. But alas, we must first find the stone. And we will.

Affectionately,
Jacob


April 30, 1834

My Dearest Jacob,

I am sorry for not writing back sooner. I have moved to my new home, in a quite green countryside. There are woods nearby that remind me of our home of old, and it should for I am not four and twenty leagues from where we once lived. Three nights ago I visited our old home. I know you must think me daft for going but I had to. Do not fear. The Walkers have all left, they know we would no dare return. I placed flowers on Mariah, Benjamin, and Yvonne’s graves. I know they would have been pleased.

I am glad to have heard William’s tale. It gives me fresh hope for our kind. But enough of this melancholy. I must relate to you the most strange occurrence, for not the evening of my excursion but the one before, I was visited by none other than Madame Green herself. Yes, you can imagine my surprise. To have her of all people show up at ones doorstep is not an everyday occurrence.

We spoke and she told me that the reason we have been unable to obtain the stone is that it has been separated. This was most troubling news. She also told me that William is still alive and living in Master Cerulean’s secret palace, regenerating until he is able to rejoin us. So let not your hearts fret. But strangest of all she, who has not lost even a fraction of her power to the stone, had forseen that I shall soon be with child, but that she could not perceive the child’s future or purpose. This is strange in deed, for she has always perceive both human and our kind’s destinies before they are born. I shall reflect on this longer before I write again.

Until that time.

Sincearly,
Emily


So yeah, thats all O have transposed until now... I haven;t had time to do the rest. I might later but since I'm notgetting any feedback on this I might just not post them at all...:(

No comments:

Post a Comment