Friday, April 24, 2009

My Friends

A friend to talk to ‘bout sorrows and cares
A friend to ask for advice and prayers
A friend to laugh with remembering past times
A friend to cry with over love’s deep crimes
A friend to cherish for a short season
A friend to endure against all reason
A friend to be, a light in dark places
A friend who knows all my secret spaces
A friend with troubles and lessons to teach
A friend with burdens and people to reach
A friend with a song and a gleaming smile
A friend who will come from many a mile
A friend who’ll always get me into trouble
A friend who finds treasure in my life’s rubble
A friend that makes me see life differently
A friend who mocks and humiliates me
A friend who’ll watches movies into the night
A friend who will stand by me in any fight
A friend who knows what I’m gonna say
A friend who I talk to almost every day
A friend that fades like autumn leaves
A friend that lasts like the evergreen trees
A friend with a hug just when it’s needed
A friend with a journal, only I can read it
A friend whose heart has been ever true
A friend who endured through all we went through
A friend I can talk the whole night away
A friend that forgives me anew each day
God has blessed me, its cliché but true,
To give me amazing friends like all of you

1 comment: