Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Trusting Glorious Dust

Uncertainty clouds about
Unsure about everything at all
Questions hanging in blank space
“Why?” asked too often

Do I dare, dare do this thing?
Would I actually, right now
Trust you with my heart?
Trust you with everything?

An unsure step out of the boat
An uncertain leap of faith
When the world crashes in around
Where exactly will I be found?

Where? Here. Right here in this place.
In your arms, your sweet embrace
My heart I entrust to you alone
Because no one else would understand

Trust is fleeting, flying, and solid
Trust is blind and yet can see
Trust is sure in the uncertain
I trust you now, more than myself

I trust you with this glass heart
Kept within its locked cage
I trust you now with this glowing coal
When will the fire be stoked again?

Oh how beautiful, how glorious
How wonderful is this trust
Ashes to ashes and dust to dust
When all turns to rust, I will trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment