Wednesday, January 21, 2009

To the Vulture

You crow and crow for all to hear
Pretending that you have no fear
You flew unto me with your cares
You begged for comfort and my prayers

But even as on my shoulder you cried
You picked at my flesh, open and wide
This betrayal has struck at my very heart
You tore my trust completely apart

But I should have known not to trust you
For you are a vulture and that’s all you do!
You fly about, hither and yon
Picking off flesh from everyone

Then as you spread your wings and fly
Of the things you’ve picked to all you cry
That’s why never a morsel I gave you
Yet you still crow, now of things untrue

But fear should you, O Vulture of vice!
For many have come seeking my advice,
And have told me things of grave starkness,
Those sins you have done in secretive darkness

Yes, I know of the backseat in the Asp’s car,
Yes, I know exactly, you went too far
You should have thought twice before betraying me!
For if your father found out, it would be a pity.

Fear, O Vulture, as you’ve never done before
You’ve stirred my wrath, opened the wrong door
Slanderer, traitor, know this one certainty
A friendship is severed, for all eternity

2 comments:

  1. *shrinks back in fear at wrath*

    well-written. i may not even try to write one now, yours are so eloquent and well-done!

    nothing like a good betrayal to show you who your true friends really are...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You express yourself beautifully (and I think the best) when you're angry. It really makes you cower in fear and thank God your not mad at me!

    ReplyDelete