Wednesday, January 21, 2009

To the Screeching Asp

Your screeching song, O venomous one
Has convinced my soul of what you have done
Where once a friend stood so true
Now only disgust I have left for you

Was it childish, simple thoughtlessness?
Or was it cold and arrogant carelessness?
Was it maybe cupid’s arrow in your heart?
No matter its done, you’ve played the part

Your actions vile, your poisoned words
Have spread ‘bout lies and things absurd
I thought I could trust you, apparently not
Bare now the child your actions begot

I strike first at Cupid, for whom you dance
For now I will never give you a chance
And further still other things you’ll bare
For I cast off your friendship, I do not care

You’ve proved your loyalties are to your self,
I wish you no happiness, no peace, no health
But I say may righteous God, justice do
If you do not repent, may He repay you!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That was truly spectacular! Though I am cowering slightly in fear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take it these two comments were from you Laurel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope, the first one was from me!

    ReplyDelete