Sunday, November 9, 2008

How Can I Tell You?

There's this thing I have to tell you
Since the day we met I’ve wanted to say
There are words that my heart beats for
How can I tell you I feel this way

I could sing for you a love song
Under your window as you sleep
But no melody of man or angel
Can show the secret my heart keeps

Should I send you a red rose
Everyday for the rest of my days
No, flowers fade with the twilight
While my love will remain always

Should I simply kiss you long and hard
As I’ve only done in my dreams
No, this goes beyond mere passion
To my very soul and being it seems

I could toil all day and night
Build a home where we could grow old
But while no labor would be ever too great
All would fall short of my heart’s secret untold.

I could take you to Paris, Venice, or Rome
To an island in the clear blue sea
But this love is not bound by where we are
As long as you are with me

I could lead you to a field to watch the stars
Take your hand and never again let go
But our hearts are already so inseparable
When we’re apart and you cry I cry also

Should I show you the way to the rooftops,
And there dance by the light of the moon
No, this is more than just a moment
And dawn comes much too soon

I could plant a secret garden for you
And there simply sit gazing in your eyes
Winters come quickly, but not to my love
And silence cannot speak my heart’s cries

Or should I simply draw you close,
And with our hearts beating in time,
Whisper ever so softly in your ear,
“I love you. Will you, always, be mine?”

3 comments:

  1. That Is so incredibly beautiful! i'm smiling and tearing up at once :)it's definitly one of your best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breathtaking! You sure do have a way with words don't you. I love this poem to pieces. You should write more like it.
    I love it!!!~Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. good poem, buddy! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete