Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Ballad of the Glass of Water

Like a glass full of water
My life stand still
And You bring some to drink
And others to fill
But these ones You've brought now
Lord, please hear my cry
Their souls are so thirsty
That they're drinking me dry

So this glass of water
Will sing to the Maker
The One who sets kings
The great mountain Shaker
And ask Lord in this place, you've brought me to
Will you give me the grace to make it all through

And as I sing this song,
Comes the rumble of thunder
The storm clouds draw near
Like some great Divine blunder
Lord, I asked for more grace
So why am I here?
In the midst of life's storms
Serrounded by fear

Still this glass of water
Will sing to it's Maker
The One who sets kings
The great mountain Shaker
And ask Lord in this place, You've brought me to
Will You give me the strength to make it all through

And as the rain falls down,
I realise Your goal
To use these storms
To make me whole
So that they can drink
Your grace and love
While I remain filled
From Your source up above

So this glass of water
Will praise its Maker
The One who sends storms
And who is the storm Breaker
And say Lord in this place, you've brought me to
Thank you for Your love that will bring me through

No comments:

Post a Comment