Monday, October 6, 2008

This Is Your Life

When life gets full and busy
Its easy to loose time and track,
Of what's important and what,
character you lack.

When life get's difficult,
And the storms rage on every side,
Its easy to wear the mask,
And start letting some things slide.

When life gets complicated,
Juggling issues of every kind,
Getting carried away is easy,
Putting life in the back of your mind.

Stop.

Stop what you're doing for a second or two,
and learn, and listen, and look,
The pages are turning ever forward,
What's been written in your book?

Stop talking, walking, lying to yourself
Open your eyes and see.
Hello and welcome this is your life,
Are you who you want to be?

2 comments:

  1. Even when I'm not looking for it(because I'm to busy) God always puts something in my lap to inspire me. Today, it was your poem. So I'm stoping for a little while and taking a look around me. Everything is a little brighter!

    ReplyDelete